Job Title: Plumbing Journeyman
Reports to: Site Foreman
Job Category: Plumbing
OCE Mechanical is growing rapidly and we are currently seeking an experienced Plumbing Journeyman to join our team in Tulsa. In this position, the Plumber will be responsible for all aspects of the installation, maintenance, inspection, operation and repair of the plumbing systems in our commercial buildings. We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and consistent, long-term work. Experienced and qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will possess attention to detail and have a background in commercial fittings and welds, from light fixtures to ductwork, and be willing to work onsite to complete jobs on time and within budget.
401K Plan and Matching
Medical and Dental Insurance
Company-paid Life Insurance
Employee Recognition Program
Safety Recognition Program
*Drug screen required
- Perform routine maintenance of plumbing systems in commercial buildings.
- Respond to plumbing calls from our general contracting team.
- Install plumbing systems in new construction and rehab properties.
- Work with our Expeditor to obtain permits for plumbing work to be performed.
- Adhere to current rules and regulations related to plumbing so that systems pass inspection the first time.
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to OCE and client safety standards and practices as well as legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concerns.
- Performs all duties as assigned and adhere to OCE Mechanical’s Core Values of:
- Safety First – Protection of our surroundings.
- Integrity – Doing the right thing.
- Service Leadership – Lead by example.
- Innovation – Support continuous growth and improvement.
- Respect – For yourself, owners, co-workers and others.
- Assist with proper documentation and reports of services provided.
- Learn and abide by company policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a plumbing journeyman.
- Proven ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond to short notice work assignments.
- Available and willing to travel to Tulsa and surrounding areas.
- The ability to adapt to an ever-changing schedule.
- Able to read prints and engineering specifications.
- Able to follow precise directions and procedures.
- Must possess knowledge of basic equipment functions as well as advanced plumbing techniques and procedures.
- Must possess knowledge of basic mathematics related to plumbing.
- Basic supervisor training and/or experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of company safety policies and procedures is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, supervisors and co-workers.
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record are preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain a plumbing license in the state of Oklahoma.
- Must possess an advanced knowledge of all applicable codes.
- Field duties require outdoor work in a construction job site atmosphere.
- Interaction with other employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
- Working on a job site or shop areas around machinery with extreme noise levels.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required for personal protection.
- May be assigned to multiple job sites in a day and tolerate climate changes.
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds and stand for prolonged periods of time, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Possess sufficiently, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Clarity of speech, hearing or other communication capabilities, which permits the employee to communicate effectively.
- Vision or other powers of observation which permits the employee to investigations.
- Manual dexterity which permits the employee to perform routine work duties.
- Personal mobility and physical reflexes to perform work duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
ABOUT OCE MECHANICAL
OCE Mechanical, LLC(OCEM) was founded in 2006 and is a leading provider of specialty industrial and commercial services that are required in installing, repairing and maintaining plumbing systems utilized extensively in the commercial and industrial industries.
As a full-service mechanical contractor serving eastern Oklahoma that delivers superior craftsmanship and technical expertise, we are committed to providing safe work environments for our employees as well as on-going safety training.
OEM is industry-recognized for safety, quality, excellent client service and a great place to work. Because of these qualities we are always looking to add new team members that can relate to our core values and help us continue our growth. At OCE Mechanical you will find an environment that is open and inviting and appreciates the individual as well as team contributions to our employees.
For immediate consideration, please fill out an application in person at 3837 West Vancouver, Broken Arrow, OK 74012.